Shield wins the Janus de l’Industrie 2021 label!
Shield wins the Janus de l’Industrie 2021 label! The JANUS, official design label, created by the ministerial decree of 13 November 1953, sponsored by the Ministers of Industry and Foreign Trade, rewards companies, local authorities and design professionals who are committed to a sustainable approach to progress in the service of the individual, the company and the community. The JANUS de l’Industrie rewards industrial products that have been designed from the outset to provide value in use, and therefore a real benefit to the user.
On 6 May 2021, the jurors awarded the JANUS de l’Industrie label of excellence to SHIELD, an air purifier developed by JVD in collaboration with RF Studio.
The jury, composed of 12 multidisciplinary experts, evaluated JVD’s design approach, which meets the “5E” challenges: Economy, Aesthetics, Ergonomics, Ethics, Emotion.
The jurors were keen to highlight the strong points of SHIELD :
- The research into use and the desire to improve the daily life of users by eliminating harmful particles present in the atmosphere (pollution, viruses, bacteria, etc.);
- The hexagonal structure, whose inclination gives it a particular, airy aesthetic, and makes the user want to make it his own;
- The range of elegant colours, allowing for integration into the space;
- The choice to produce an air purifier without consumables, thus extending the life of the product at lower cost;
- The choice to produce an air purifier without consumables, thus extending the life of the product at a lower cost; The manufacturing on French soil, allowing to preserve and enhance the know-how, and thus to support the economy.
Find out more about our professionals air purifiers.